Dear Valued Customers and Partners,
Nevlec has been monitoring the international and regional developments as it relates to the Corona Virus and has been planning to ensure that it can minimize the risk to the health of its staff and the general public, whilst at the same time ensuring that it can continue to maintain its current level of service, particularly if the situation escalates. Nevlec does not take lightly, the responsibility it has to provide a reliable supply to the country and will do all that it can to avoid any disruptions in its service.
To date there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in St. Kitts & Nevis and as such Nevlec is still at stage 1 of its preparations, which essentially comprises of the following:
- A heightened level of personal hygiene is being practiced by all staff for their safety as well as our valued customers.
- Whilst supplies were not available, every effort is being made to provide the public with access to hand sanitizers as of today.
- We will be controlling access to our Customer Service Office in order to limit the number of persons who are in the building at the same time, to ensure that there is no contact amongst customers whilst waiting to be attended to.
- Any staff member who displays symptoms of the flu will not be allowed to remain at work.
At Nevlec, we encourage our customers and partners to do the following to help minimize contact and spread of the virus if it finds its way to St. Kitts and Nevis.
- Call the Office at 469-7243/5 to see if it is possible to avoid visiting the Office.
- Consider using our online services to pay your bills (epay.nevlec.com) or to use other online payment options such as SKN National Bank, Republic Bank and First Caribbean International Bank.
- For our vendors, provide us with a bank account number to which we can pay you directly instead of visiting the Office to collect a cheque.
- Begin to practice social distancing and personal hygiene as much as possible, if you are not already doing so.
We will keep you informed as to our next steps, should the situation escalate, in order that you can plan accordingly. Please note that at Nevlec, we will spare no effort in maintaining our current level of service, once this can be done without compromising the health and safety of our staff and you our valued customers and partners.