The Nevis Electricity Co. Ltd (Nevlec) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Linesman I.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning of substations
- Planting poles
- Climbing poles
- Install & maintain streetlights
- System maintenance
- Line inspection & system checks
- Line Construction
- Applicants must have attained a minimum of three (3) CXC “O” Level Subjects passes, including English and Mathematics
- Certificate and/or experience in electrical installation
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Oral and written report
- Knowledge of construction and use of materials, tools and equipment
- Knowledge of first aid & CPR
- Knowledge of safety and accident regulations
- Knowledge of pole top rescue procedures
- Fault finding skills
- Valid driver’s license
Application with Résumé, certified copies of certificates and two letters of reference should be sent, on or before July 10, 2023 to:
The General Manager
Nevis Electricity Company Limited (Nevlec)
The Nevis Electricity Company Limited (NEVLEC) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Operator I.
Ideal candidates should possess the following:
- Vocational education in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- GCE/CXC O level: Math, English and related science subjects.
- A minimum of four (4) years of job-related work experience.
- Good communication skills – oral and written.
- The ability to work unsupervised/with a team.
- Monitor and log engine parameters.
- Perform checks on the engine parameters.
- Prepare fault reports on plant defects.
- Monitor and operate the generator switchboard.
- Replenish Engine Cooling System, Fuel System, & Lube Oil System.
Regular power station conditions.
Application together with resume, certified copies of certificates and two original letters of references should be submitted no later than July 10, 2023 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Nevis Electricity Company Limited
Valu Mart Building Complex
Long Point Road