Electricity will be supplied to an applicant on the following Terms and Conditions:
1. In accordance with Nevis Electricity Company Limited (NEVLEC) Tariff Schedule on file with the company, the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electricity Service or any effective schedule governing this class of service(s) and amended Terms and Conditions.
2. Payment of Deposit or submission of Banker’s Guarantee on signing of contract. Deposits will be reviewed within six (6) months of signing a contract. Thereafter, the customer will be required to upgrade any deposit not equivalent to a 60 days bill for residential service and 90 days bill for commercial service.
3. Deposits will be applied to the final bill on termination of the contract. Thereafter, any outstanding balances will be refunded to the Applicant.
4. The permission of the owner/landlord, or his agent (notarized letter of consent or executed Tenancy Agreement).
5. Proof of ownership of the property
6. Proof of identity.
7. For corporate bodies, an application on the company’s letterhead, signed by at least one director and the company’s secretary and the company’s seal affixed thereto with the submission of a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation.
8. In the event that the applicant fails to provide any satisfactory proof of ownership of the premises and /or consent of the owner or agent pursuant to items 2 & 3 above, the supply shall be a conditional one and therefore if at a later date greater title is established for the premises it is hereby understood that Nevis Electricity Company Limited shall immediately disconnect the supply of electricity and remove its equivalent from the said premises.
9. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide adequate protection for equipment connected to the grid. NEVLEC will not be responsible for equipment that is not protected.
10. NEVLEC will not be liable for any damages or losses caused to or by equipment not suitably or properly rated for the supply
11. No modification or addition to the customer’s electrical installation should be carried out without the prior notice and approval of NEVLEC.