REPORT DOWNED POWER LINES
To report downed power lines call our Emergency Services Unit at (869) 469-9100/763-9100.
- Stay well away from downed power lines and keep children and pets clear too.
- Assume all cables and wires are energized and stay well away from them.
- Do not go near electrical equipment around areas of standing water, like a flooded kitchen.
- Once your refrigerator and freezer are operating, carefully check food for spoilage. Never take chances on food safety – “when it doubt, throw it out!”
- If the outage lasted less than four hours, allow your electrical system a chance to stabilize. Turn on the most essential appliances one by one and wait 30 minutes before reconnecting others.
- Reset electric clocks, automatic timers and alarms.